Nor-Son Corporate Giving Policy
To contribute to the enrichment and growth of the communities in which we do business, to create awareness and make a positive difference in the lives of others while upholding our core values.
Our Core Values
Advocating for the right thing for our client, company, and community.
Delivering excellence in everything we do.
Ensuring successful connections between people -- and between systems.
Living a Whatever-It-Takes Attitude every day. WITA!
Striving today to improve tomorrow.
Corporate Giving Guidelines
Nor-Son is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people in our communities while enhancing our reputation as a responsible brand.
We will provide assistance and support those organizations in which our employees, and our clients, direct their efforts to better our communities. We will support community projects which will improve morale, teamwork, and satisfaction among our employees.
We are proud to support charities and organizations through financial contributions, donations, volunteerism, sponsorships, in-kind gifts and organizational leadership.
Our corporate giving will be selective and focus primarily in the following categories:
- Community. Support agencies, organizations and groups that enhance the quality of life in our communities.
- Environmental. Support organizations and groups that promote and preserve the environment, watersheds, lake associations, outdoor recreation, and community vitality.
- Education. Support school systems, extracurricular activities, and specific educational programs in our local communities.
- Economic Development. Support organizations that promote business development in our designated geographic areas.
- Critical Needs. Emergencies and unforeseen events / support organizations and programs that strive to help those in need.
- Sponsorships. Support associations we are involved in, enhance client relationships, support specific causes we have identified.
Priority will be based on the perceived overall benefit to communities in the company's service areas.
Multi-year commitments generally will not exceed five years.
Organizations and Activities Not Eligible
In order to comply with our core values, we do not utilize our Corporate Giving Program for the following purposes:
- Private pursuits
- Political parties
- Religious causes other than faith-based initiatives supporting education, health, human or social service programs
- Research projects
- Recreational, sporting events or athletic associations with a purpose that is solely athletic in nature, and not connected to a school or youth group with other developmental goals
Types of Corporate Giving
- Cash donations
- Donations in kind
- Corporate volunteerism (employees)
- All requests must be submitted in writing.
- Requests are accepted and reviewed throughout the year in the order in which they are received.
- Decisions on acceptance or refusal depend upon the relevance in relation to our Corporate Giving Guidelines and funding availability.
- All requests are considered on an individual basis and will be reviewed the first week of every month unless a specified deadline is noted. Notification of the status of the decision will be submitted to the applicant in writing immediately following the review.
Nor-Son, Inc. is proud to support multiple charities and projects each year. A decision to decline a request does not imply that the applicants program is not valued, but simply that it does not fall within our giving guidelines or priorities, or that funds are not available.
For consideration, please complete the Request for Contribution or In-Kind Donation.